We comply with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Below is further information on your rights
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 came into force on the 31st October 2000 and gives rights to individual consumers in the area of home shopping. They are intended to give consumers confidence in purchasing goods and services where there is no face to face contact with the seller. The regulations do not apply to business to business (trade) contracts.
- Our trading name is Indesit Company UK Limited and our Registered Office is situated at Morley Way, Peterborough, PE2 9JB. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 106725. Our VAT number is GB 513936740.
- We sell spare parts, extended warranties and a repair service for the repair of domestic appliances such as washing machines and refrigerators.
- All prices will be displayed including VAT and carriage charges will be indicated separately where applicable.
- Payment for spare parts will only be taken once the goods ordered are despatched from our National Distribution Centre.
- We will endeavour to deliver spare parts within 5 working days of the order being placed (subject to stock).
- Private consumers have the right to cancel their spare parts order from the point that the order was placed up until 7 days after receipt of the goods. You may cancel an order for services such as an extended warranty or service repair in the same way unless the service begins before the end of this 7 day period.
- You must write to us to cancel your order and address this cancellation notice to the ‘Spare Parts Department’ either to the address in note 1 in the Company Information section above or by fax to 08709 076 076. Telephoning us to cancel the order is not sufficient. If there is a problem with the goods supplied then please indicate this on your written correspondence. Call us on 08448 225 225 for more information.
- If a spare part is faulty within 12-months of purchase, providing the parts, if appropriate, have been fitted by a suitably qualified person (The Company may request proof of this), the Company will provide a replacement.
- We will refund your money within 30 days of your correspondence stating your wish to cancel your order being sent. The cost for returning the goods must be met by the consumer unless the goods are faulty, incorrect or because of unsuitable substitution by ourselves. In this case we will meet the cost of return usually by sending a pre-paid address envelope to you.
- If you have notified us of a problem with the goods, we will (at the consumers option) either make good any shortage or non-delivery; replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective upon delivery; or refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question. The company, any of its subsidiaries or their parent companies will not be liable for losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was made, for losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier or for business losses and/or losses to non consumers. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor is it intended to exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- Any complaints should be sent for the attention of the Customer Services Team at the address in note 1 in the Company Information section above.
- Consumers whose payment card is used dishonestly or fraudulently for any type of home shopping can now cancel the payment and the card issuer must refund all the money to the consumers account.